The Quality Director will lead the establishment and implementation of the business units comprehensive quality management strategic initiatives. This role will coordinate with the cross functional team members in developing, implementing and maintaining the RC Quality Initiatives, lead customer problem solving processes across multiple manufacturing sites, drive reduction in Cost of Quality.
- Implement RC Quality Strategy Initiatives: Develop, lead and implement Quality Strategic Initiatives.
- Lead/Support project team leaders in cost competitive and manufacturing optimization projects to achieve business unit objectives and financial targets.
- Lead/Support Plants Problem Solving Process: Lead multiple facilities effort to eliminate product and process defect causes by utilizing Team-Oriented Problem Solving methodology and recommending changes or solutions to problems. Support and lead the customer complaints management process at specific manufacturing sites. Institute processes to ensure timely and effective resolution of customer complaints/action. Mentor, coach and train team members in industry standard problem solving tools and techniques.
- Quality Systemic Analysis Matrix: Lead the development of “Systemic Analysis of Root Causes” determined during the problem solving process. Ensure “read across” actions are developed and implemented throughout all the manufacturing sites.
- Execute Key Quality Processes & Quality Systems: Ensure that the manufacturing sites are developing, deploying and maintaining compliance to ISO/TS 16949 and/or successor standards, Customer Specific Requirements, VDA requirements and other industry standards. Monitor the execution/performance metrics and actions for key quality processes such as Manufacturing Change Control Process, APQP, etc. at the manufacturing sites. Enhance/improve the Quality processes as needed to drive sustainability.
- Customer Performance Management: Lead all manufacturing sites efforts to ensure customer quality performance expectations and requirements are effectively managed. Partner with Global CBU Quality leads to support compliance with customer specific requirements that include customer visits, and customer performance metrics/scorecard management. Escalate Customer Performance issues and maintain transparency with the Leadership team. Report Customer performance results.
- Manufacturing Performance Management: Own the business units Internal Performance Metrics Scorecard system. Ensure that goals are established, aligned, and communicated to the manufacturing sites. Establish on-going reviews to monitor progress and drive actions to improve performance as needed. Escalate Internal Performance issues and maintain transparency with the Leadership team. Report manufacturing sites internal performance results to the business units leadership team periodically. Lead the development of a Quality culture that achieves Zero PPM and Zero Customer Complaints performance mindset.
- Reduce Cost of Poor Quality: Lead, mentor and monitor Continuous Improvement projects that reduce Cost of Poor Quality at the manufacturing sites. Develop a project roadmap to drive step down improvement of Cost of Poor Quality. Leverage support from cross-functional team including individuals trained in Six Sigma methodologies to drive these Quality improvement initiatives. Escalate roadblock and develop solution to execute project in a timely and effective manner to supports Tenneco’s Strategic Architecture/Imperatives.
- Inter Plant Quality/eMRR’s resolution: Lead manufacturing improvement projects associated with Inter plant supplies, including managing inter plant product launch issues. Lead the timely resolution of inter plant quality issue. Establish performance metrics and ensure actions are implemented to improve performance.Quality Functional Competencies/Training: Develop Quality professionals and direct their training, quality functional competency development activities to drive enhanced levels of quality teams performance in achieving business objectives. Support the development of the Quality Talent Management process for the business.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering disciplines.
Prefer 7 to 10 years of work experience (Preferably in automotive manufacturing environment.)
Prefer candidates with ASQ Certification in any of the following: Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), and Six Sigma (SSGB/SSBB).
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead in a matrix organization
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel 50% to 75% of the time.