MES & Automation Project Engineer
For our client, we are currently looking for an MES & industrial IT engineer to reinforce the corporate Engineering department. Within the Engineering department the group is responsible for the realization of the electrical, automation and industrial IT part of strategic investment projects for a company with: more than 9500 employees, 53 manufacturing sites in 30 countries. In your role you will be part of the industrial IT team to lead global roll-out of MES, Historian and IoT applications.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of projects of new sites and provide technical support for existing sites.
- You will be involved in supporting and training internal customers, which span all layers of the business (production, controlling, continuous improvement, QA...).
- You will support in setting up internal reporting and analysis tools by aligning business requirements of internal users, defining functional requirements and development of new analysis tools. Depending on the complexity this could be internal developed reporting tools or with the support of external contractors.
- You have an academic master’s degree in engineering. Preferably computer sciences; automation; electronics-ICT or a related field or equivalent by experience.
- You have experience with industrial IT projects and preferably MES. Experience with Wonderware (Archestra, System Platform, Skelta Workflow, Historian) is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Microsoft SQL Server reporting services are required.
- You are thinking in a process oriented way. Experience in food or process industry is preferred.
- Experience or knowledge in PLC programming, in particular Siemens (S7, PCS7) is considered a plus.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or French are considered a plus.
- Flexibility in terms of travel required for this function.
- You are strongly attracted to the food industry and you are willing to master the process.
- You are a results-oriented team player and you will moderate the various parties involved (customers, users, suppliers and contractors).
- You have a broad interest in technology and are continuously collecting know-how to deliver state of the art solutions.
- You are part of the Corporate Engineering Team, and willing to accept projects worldwide. This means that for periods ranging from several days to several weeks, you will stay abroad.