Manufacturing Engineering Technology supervisor
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET) Supervisor is responsible for organizing and managing the process engineering department. Here (s)he coordinates his team in the introducing as well as the optimizing of projects, processes, methods, tools and automatization, in order to have an efficient and safe production of high quality products at the lowest possible cost. Where necessary (s)he assists at the executing/follow-up of projects.
The MET Supervisor shares responsibility for achieving the objectives of, among others, security, order & cleanness, output, efficiency, quality and supply cost, and this for the assembly department.
In addition (s)he encourages his employees to continuously improve processes in order to improve the efficiency, quality and safety.
- Leading and coaching a team of process engineers & maintenance engineers.
- Provides support to production in the optimization of existing processes
- Contributes actively to improve the machine availability ( OEE)
- Provides support where necessary as to continuously improve the efficiency, quality and safety within the assembly department
- Improvement projects (from planning to execution)
- The selection process for purchasing the machinery, tools, equipment,… needs to be based on the best deal and on techhnical/economical/safety similarities ( payback)
- Provide technical advice and support to the maintenance department
- Industrial/civil engineer (electro)mechanical/mechatronica
- Good technical understanding and technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of materials
- Knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, MS-project, PowerPoint,…)
- Knowledge of the English and Dutch language